05 November 2005

Natsukashii!

Izogashii! I've been very busy updating my online photo galleries at smugmug for the past two days. Omoshiroii ga taihen desu! It's not easy working on this s-l-o-w computer of mine. Kono pasukon wa totemo furui desu! Unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a catch-22 situation. I'm trying to get this done now, whilst unemployed, because I have time. However, I can't hook up my newly-repaired, speedy laptop to the internet because I can't really afford the router that I need to do so. Ah...dilemnas.

Soon, my financial problems should be rectified. All of the job hunting I've been doing has finally paid off. I have actually been offered two jobs! Sugoi ne? Firstly, I was offered a teaching position, teaching French-Canadian business people the art of the English language. It pays well...$16/hour for new teachers. However, they can only give me a few hours a week until the new session starts in January. I have also been offered a full-time position as a pre-kindergarten educator. I will be going in for a trial-run on Tuesday, 8th November. I will post my decision next week...so please stay tuned! Of course, once I start working, I won't have as much time to work on this blog or my galleries. Ah...dilemnas.

So, let me tell you all what I've been able to accomplish. First of all, if you scroll down a bit and look to the left, you'll see the smugmug button in the navigation bar. That's where you should click if you want to visit my photo galleries. Now, I've still got loads of work ahead of me, but what I've managed to do so far is...

Create three new categories:

  • Holidays
  • Weddings
  • Celebrations

Create two new subcategories:

  • Candice's Family
  • Japanese Weather

Create a bunch of new galleries within the Travel category:

  • A Day with the Tad
  • Aso
  • Fukuoka
  • Nagasaki
  • Oita
  • Osada Park
  • Osaka
  • Sanko Village

Create new galleries (or modify existing ones in Family, Friends and Weddings categories):

  • California Dreamin'
  • The Fosters
  • The Phillips
  • Mark & Yumi

Update many existing galleries including:

  • Barbeques
  • Garden Bar
  • Western Night
  • The Adventures of Kristen

On a final note...I've written captions for most of the existing pics as well as for many of the new pics, although I'm not quite finished yet. I've also written descriptions for a good number of my galleries...new and old alike. Phew!

I've still got plenty more piccies to upload (including Egypt, of course) so please be patient! In the meantime...in addition to all the above-mentioned new stuff, here are some piccies of my last few days in Nakatsu. I'm trying desperately to do this in chronological order, so that's why I'm focusing on organising and updating the older galleries first. I wanted to share these with you because I'm feeling very natsukashii and sabishii yo!!!!

omedetou gozaimasu
Group Shot at Mark's Birthday Party

aussie legends
Geoff & Pads at Marky's Birthday Party

oishii so
Kazue, Mayumi, Miyuki, Mike & I at Miyuki's family sushi restaurant

sabishii
Kumi-chan, Mike & Miyuki at my Sayonara Party at Tropicoco

natsukashii
Moyai, Shinobs, Lyndsay & Mike at my Sayonara Party

kawaii
Mu-Chan and her sister with Mike & I at my Sayonara Party

chotto hen desu ne
Hide & Atsushi in the lobby at Queen's Echo Karaoke

uta ga josu desu
Atsushi, Mark & Geoff at karaoke

dahhling
Mark & Angie at karaoke

sugoi natsukashii
Pads & I at karaoke...Angie, Geoff & Mark in background


Well, that's all for the preview! Those of you who are waiting for actual prints of any of my photos...shinbou onegaishimasu...I'm currently financially challenged, but I will get it done...eventually...I promise!

In other news...I went to the dentist yesterday and...no cavities! Yay me!

I've just started...finally...reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and I must say...I'm simply riveted! I'm trying to savour it as slowly as possible. I'm also very excited for the upcoming film-version of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire being released in North America on November 18th!

I guess that's all for now. It's almost 3:00am, so I best be off to bed...

Mata ne!

No comments: